May 21 to 27 is Local Government Awareness Week in British Columbia. In honour of this week and as a celebration of its 50th anniversary, the Sunshine Coast Regional District (SCRD) is hosting a series of c for the public to attend.
This is an opportunity for one on one conversation with the SCRD Board and staff, in a family friendly, drop-in style setting.
“These community events are a great opportunity for residents to ask questions in an open environment, and learn about some of the services we provide such as, drinking water, waste management, bikeways, libraries, land-use planning, fire protection, recreation and parks,” says Janette Loveys, SCRD Chief Administrative Officer.
Community Dialogues dates and locations:
• May 8, 7pm, Pender Harbour Community Hall, Area A
• May 15, 7pm, Frank West Hall, Area E
• May 16, 7pm, Coopers Green Hall, Area B
• May 17, 7pm, Roberts Creek Community Hall, Area D
• May 18, 3:30pm, Seaside Centre, Sechelt
• May 24, 7pm, Eric Cardinal Hall, Area F
• May 25, 7pm, Gibsons Community Centre
• July 8, 10:30am, Gambier Island Community Hall
• July 8 2pm, Keats Camp Pilot House, Keats Island
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.