“A light but super-tasty pasta dish, with fresh asparagus cooked in broth with sauteed garlic and seasoned chicken.”
Makes: 8 servings
PREP: 15 mins
COOK: 20 mins
READY IN: 35 mins
• 1 (16 ounce) package dried penne pasta
• 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into cubes
• salt and pepper to taste
• garlic powder to taste
• 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
• 1 bunch slender asparagus spears, trimmed,
cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces
• 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to
10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
2. Warm 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken, and
season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until chicken is cooked through and
browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to paper towels.
3. Pour chicken broth into the skillet. Then stir in asparagus, garlic, and a pinch more garlic
powder, salt, and pepper. Cover, and steam until the asparagus is just tender, about 5 to 10
minutes. Return chicken to the skillet, and warm through.
4. Stir chicken mixture into pasta, and mix well. Let sit about 5 minutes. Drizzle with 2
tablespoons olive oil, stir again, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.