Each year we in North America send more than one and a half billion Christmas cards. But when the holiday season ends, recycling those cards into other items can make good use of the paper resources and turn what’s normally a single-use item into an enduring trinket.
· Turn this year’s cards into next year’s gift tags. Cut out circles, rectangles or any shape you desire. Otherwise, visit the scrapbooking aisle of your favorite craft store and purchase a paper punch to make easy work of cutting those shapes.
· Glue silly characters from Christmas cards onto a sheet of magnet. Then use these magnets for decorations next year.
· Use greeting cards to make wine charms for holiday entertaining. Guests can keep track of their glasses with ease.
· Use cut-outs of cards to improve the appearance of plain gift wrap or bags.
· Make a paper Christmas tree from cutouts on greeting cards.
· Encourage kids to make a photo collage from the cards they like. Mount their efforts on poster board and save for next year. Metro